Relief TherapeuticsSupporting patients through science and innovation
Relief Therapeutics is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: RLF), with its headquarter in Zurich, Switzerland. It was formed in June 2016 following the merger of Relief Therapeutics SA and THERAMetrics Holding AG.
Relief Therapeutics develops truly innovative treatment approaches based on solid scientific foundations considering that:
- With more than 3.5 billion years of evolution, nature has provided us with the best tools to maintain health and cure diseases.
- Nature uses these tools on demand in a controlled, intermittent fashion.
- Our therapeutic approach aims at providing patients with the biologics which dysfunction of deficiency causes their disease.
- Treating patients with compounds already tested in humans may offer real advantages in terms of risk-benefit
- Treating with natural elements allows for a rational determination of therapeutic doses within physiological ranges.
Our medicinal product candidates (MPCs) are selected through in-depth validation of the underlying scientific rationale. In addition, optimization of drug delivery systems helps us to optimize the efficacy of treatment.
Relief Therapeutics strategically focuses on the development of new approaches for the treatment of diabetic complications and respiratory diseases with proprietary and in-licensed compounds.
Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (INN: Aviptadil) is ready to enter into phase III clinical trial for the treatment of sarcoidosis, an orphan pulmonary disease. Aviptadil in sarcoidosis has received Orphan Drug Designation European Medicines Agency (EMA).
Interleukin-6 (INN: Atexakin alfa) is being prepared for testing in clinical phase II for the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathies (DPN), a nerve complication affecting more than 30% of diabetic patients